"Navel String" Tree Planting Project Lanch - Tuesday, February 17, 2015
The SCJH officially launched its "Navel String" Tree Planting Project
on Tuesday, February 17, 2015. The launch of this project took the form of an opening ceremony held at the National Water Commission Artificial Ground Water Aquifer Recharge Facility located on Old Harbour Road, St. Catherine. The opening ceremony culminated with the planting of a number of trees.
The tree planting initiative is hosted by our Minister of Agriculture, Labour and Social Security, Honourable Derrick Kellier and our Chairman of the Board of Directors of the SCJH, Mrs. Donna Scott-Mottley. Several government ministries/agencies and neighbouring schools were in attendance at the ceremony. These included the Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries (MOA), Forestry Department, the Ministry of Local Government and Community Development, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Water, Land, Environment and Climate Change, the Social Development Commission (SDC), the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA), the Jamaica 4-H Clubs, the McCook Primary School and the Innswood High School.
Below are a few pictures taken at our "Navel String" Tree Planting Project Launch.
(1) Our Minister of Agriculture, Labour, and Social Security, Honourable Minister Derrick Kellier gives the main address.
(2) Honourable Minister Derrick Kellier plants the first tree.
(3) Minister of Land, Water, Environment and Climate Change, Honourable Minister Robert Pickersgill, (4) Member of Parliament for South Central St. Catherine, Dr. Andrew Wheatley
(5) Chairman of the Board of Directors of the SCJH, Mrs. Donna Scott-Mottley, (6) Chief Executive Officer and Conservator of the Forestry Department, Mrs. Marilyn Headley
(7) President of the National Water Commission, Mr. Mark Barnett, (8) Executive Director of the Jamaica 4-H Clubs, Mr. Ronald Blake